Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DEMONIFICATION "Espionage Of His Messengers"


DEMONIFICATION "Espionage Of His Messengers" CDr (Night Art Production)
I don't know why, but it feels like a different DEMONIFICATION here than the one in the READY DISASTER 3-way split. I'm expecting something in the line of their songs there, ripping straight thrash Metal cacophony. But "Espionage Of His Messengers" saw DEMONIFICATION turn their heads around and opted for a toned down, safe, polished version of their ownselves. At least that's what it sounds like to me. It is as if they're holding themselves back on this. After the horrible ballad 'Air Mata Hawa', they tend to shift up a bit on 'Molten Lava', but then that vision of 'restraining' came back to haunt. And truth be told, this is one of the worst sounding material I have ever heard to come from Singapore. My copy sounds muffled, buried and 'deep', to my dismay. I hope this is just an isolated case and not affecting other copies of this release, even some 'proper' rehearsal recordings sound better than this. Comes on a nice glossy printed promo slipcase and a printed fold-out inlay, but that disastrous sound... The DEMONIFICATION from the READY DISASTER split, please come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment